Wednesday, November 02, 2011

It's been 5 months since my last post

OK, that title just made me flash back to my Catholic Church upbringing and confessions.... but that is another story for another day.  It is true what they say, that the years go faster the older we get.  It is now officially more than one year in dialysis and it has indeed been a roller coaster ride!  I must say I love, love, love working 3 days, off 6 or 7 days and work 3 days, have 1 or 2 days off and work 3 days and the cycle repeats.  I now have so much quality time to spend with my family! 
I can't believe we are once again nearing the holiday season.  I am flirting with having Thanksgiving at my house this year.  If my schedule works as I've planned, I will do it.  It has been a couple of years since I hosted last and it was so great to have the WHOLE family here.  Bob and I are the only ones from his side of the family without grandchildren. I love seeing all the in-laws with their grand babies and catching up with the family I rarely get to see.  I have recently been thinking that though I'm not in a rush to become a grandmother, I no longer fear becoming one. This thought got me to thinking just what I want my future grandchildren to call me.  My mother is Abuelita or Ita for short, Bob's mother is Grandma and I don't think either fits me.  So when the time comes I will have to pick up this book.  I am kind of curious what name I will think fits me best.  Anyway, what I was trying to get around to saying here is I can't believe how fast time is flying and that it is once again time to focus on Christmas.  Last year was such a blur what with the new job and so little time off, with that said even though I have more time off this year I know the time will fly even faster and it is likely it will be months before I will return for an update. 





No comments: