Saturday, June 25, 2011

8 months

     I have officially passed the 8 month mark working in dialysis.  Just 4 months ago I didn't think I would make it here.  I also thought I would never like, much less begin to love this job.  It is a stressful specialty as I've said before but I have found my comfort zone.  It is wonderful the connections I have made with many of my patients.
     Just a few weeks ago one of my patient's (she is like the grandmother I never had) son passed from a long illness.  She told me it would mean so much to her if I would go to the viewing.  She went on to tell me how she has loved me since very shortly after I began working there.  When Bob and I went to the viewing her family made a fuss over me and explained how, (let's call her Grandma B) she spoke of me often.  It was so nice to know that what I do makes such a difference to my patients.  Six months has made all the difference!  Grandma B., said she saw my potential from the beginning.  It is the little things that mean so much.

No comments: