Monday, August 07, 2006

Sorry ...

For the lack of postings of late.... I have been having difficulty getting my pictures to upload once again. I suppose I should just post and not worry about it but for some reason I get frustrated and don't post at all.

I had a rough week last week. After all the love and care I gave to my baby chicks when it was time to take them out to the coop they were able to enjoy a few days in the coop till 2 of the largest black snakes made their way in and killed half of the babies and traumatized the other half. Bob was shocked to find 2 5 1/2 snakes in the coop and ran back to the house to get his .22 and kill them nasty snakes. I think we've fixed every possible entry point now and I've ordered some more babies.

The neat thing is this time around I found some chickens that originate from my parents homeland, Cuba. So I ordered 3 of those to go with the replacement of my other chicks. I hope we don't lose any more babies cause I'm really not liking this circle of life that everyone keeps reminding me of. To heck with the circle of life.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Oh, I'm so sorry I hear that, Lillie. I hope you get your pictures working again (I had trouble uploading directly to blogger too, and finally switched over to Hello) so we can see the new chicks!

Mike Da Hat said...

25 and a 1/2 snakes? What happened to the other half? What sort of snakes were they? I have several friends who from this info wouldn't be seen within a hundred miles of your gaff. Snake phobia dontcha know. Thanks for visiting and your very kind comment.

Diane said...

It just dawned on me that you could sign up for Flickr (it's free) for your blog photos. They have some good upload tools so you can upload them as a batch instead of individually, and you can configure it to blog your photos in Blogger. You might want to check it out - www.flickr.com.