Friday, June 24, 2005

Nana's funeral


Patty did a wonderful job with all the details involved in having Nana laid to rest. She had her dressed in a beautiful pant suit, something I'm sure Nana would have approved of. Nana was very prim and proper. In my 22 years with this family I don't recall a single time that Nana was not dressed to the 9's. Though I had no idea just how beautiful Nana was as a young woman until I saw the pictures of her in her youth.

Nana could have easily been a model in her day. There were so many pictures from Nana's lifetime that were brought together for a memorial Power Point presentation done at the church for her service today. As I said in my previous post I should have taken the time to get to know this woman. It seems she lived a remarkable life. It's perhaps a bit late now but I plan to find out more about her and the life Patty had growing up. I found a few pictures of my own with Nana and I'd like to share them....

No comments: